I've got to pay duty and no longer want my order. What do I do?
That's a shame!
Duties and taxes are payable to local governments over their local duty thresholds. To make this as easy as possible for you, we try to make this clear in our FAQ's.
Whilst we understand oversights and mistakes may happen, 4th & Reckless can't be held responsible for all the costs incurred in cancelling such orders. We are all at the mercy of Government's Customs & Border controls and their charges.
We will of course issue a refund as we would never want you to lose out, but we are likely to be charged outbound and inbound courier costs and potential storage charges which must be paid.
Local governments often want their duties paid regardless or will simply destroy the goods. To avoid this, the goods need to returned back to our warehouse as soon as possible to avoid excessive demurrage charges. We reserve all rights to offset (and/or reclaim) any costs (including admin charges) incurred as a result of a cancelled order in this instance against the refund issued.
If you have any queries, please get in touch with our team here who will be happy to help advise or alternatively, If you are unsure about whether or not you are subject to these fees, we advise you contact your local customs office before going ahead and placing an order.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Will I Be Charged Customs And Import Duties?
- I Live In The E.U., Will I Have To Pay Customs Duty & Taxes?
- I Live In The U.S, Will I Have To Pay Customs Duty & Taxes?
- I Live In Canada, Will I Have To Pay Customs Duty & Taxes?
- I Live In Australia, Will I Have To Pay Customs Duty & Taxes?
- I Live In New Zealand, Will I Have To Pay Customs Duty & Taxes?
- I've got to pay duty and no longer want my order. What do I do?